Also so many misinterpretation based on ridiculous theories in this fandom. But that must mean you guys are new to the whole ATLA series and just watched ATLA to catch up on the history of Avatar and the avatar world for LoK.
1. Aang is the guy in the intro featuring all past and current avatars. Why in the hell would Tenzin be the one in the intro? I know people can’t see Aang older than twelve and since they’ve seen Tenzin, they automatically assume he is the guy airbending but people Tenzin would be the only one out of place with the league of Avatars. Also Aang is bound to grow up (and if I must say grew up well) so that is definitely him in his forties( Actually either 41 or 42 yo.)
2.Zuko is alive and kicking. (confirmed by nick) He is the last of Team Avatar to be alive, (Sokka, Toph, Aang) excluding Katara obviously but we have no info on whether the others such as Mei, Azula, Ty Lee or Suki are still alive. He’s just out being old and traveling the world.
3.In the 4th ep. of Korra that is TEAM AVATAR not Tenzin but AANG, TOPH and SOKKA.
4. Two of Kataang children are confirmed benders. Kya being their only daughter, is a waterbender and Tenzin for obvious reasons, is an airbender. Bumi is the only one that is not confirmed to be a bender.
5. Amon can NOT be anyone from the ATLA series. A. Everyone that was older than the gaang could not be alive at this point. (70 freaking years!!!) realistically the only three people who lived past 100 were Aang, Kyoshi and Bumi but not everyone could be so lucky to live that long.
6. Amon also can not be Tenzin or Aang (the dumbest of all theories <_<) or Zuko or insert benders and non benders from the ATLA series. That is completely stupid and beyond understanding for someone who is a bender, who especially are close friends or family to Aang to do this to benders.
7. Amon is not an ENERGY Bender. He has mastered some advanced chi blocking technique and taught his fellow supporters chi blocking as well. Because if he was an energy bender, he would first have to be a bender himself. Then he would have to touch two chakra points (forehead and chest) and give up his bending to fully take away someone else’s bending (Aang had to give up his radiant blue light, which by the way signifies the avatar, and let Ozai’s bending swallow up his own.)
I think that is it for now. I just wanted to get this much off my chest lol.